Humans are an electromagnetic, energy phenomena with swirls, currents, pulsations and vibrations that move through and extend out from the body creating a field of energy. This field vitally serves us in a number of ways.
- Like skin, it protects us from other energetic phenomena such as sun flares, strong electromagnetic fields of energy created around power lines, fluorescent lighting, nuclear radiation and a multitude of other unbalanced energies.
- It assimilates and organizes sensory information before it enters the body, helping us from becoming overwhelmed or disoriented.
- It communicates to others our intentions and what we want to create in the world.
- It connects us to others. We are biologically wired to be social and our energy field helps us feel part of the human race.
- It’s part of our grounding mechanisms, connecting us to Earth’s magnetic grids, providing the energetic stance for a focused, quiet mind.
- It creates a container for our body systems that creates vital well being and communication among all parts.
- It balances and synchronizes our internal systems with external systems that include changes in weather, seasons, moon cycles as well as social interactions with those around us.
- As our planet continues to lose its ozone layer, is affected by radiation from nuclear and toxic waste sites, increases its electrical usage and experiences other ecosystem breakdowns, our energy fields are more and more challenged to stay strong, healthy and vibrant.
Proof of a Human Energy Field
How do we know a human energy field exists? The human energy field has been known for millennium in both Eastern and Western systems, primarily from the higher senses of feeling or seeing. Yoga, a scientific system developed in India thousands of years ago and still vital and relevant today, introduced the concept of chakras, energetic centers found in seven major locations in the body that contribute to an energy field around us. Chi Kung, Tai Chi and other martial arts from China and Japan actively work with the energy emanating from the body, directing it in powerful ways for healing or fighting. In Western religious art, the human energy field has been acknowledged with golden halos painted above saints’ heads. Intuitives, psychics and other higher sense perceivers have long talked about seeing an aura of multiple colors emanating from around the body. Most recently, Western science has begun to discover and measure the energies created by the body. Over a 20 year period, Valerie Hunt, a neurophysiologist, scientifically investigated energy fields. Her findings were published in her book titled Infinite Mind: Science of the Human Vibrations of Consciousness. Quantum physicists in their investigations have also discovered human energy fields. In true scientific fashion, however, what healers simply call the energy field or aura, a quantum physicist refers to as a “hyperfield containing hyperspatial properties of torsion fields.” Other noted books for a scientific explanation of the human energy field are: Science and Human Transformation; Subtle Energies, Intentionality and Consciousness by William Tiller and Energy Medicine by James Oshman.
Problems for the Energy Field
The electromagnetic energy field is dynamic and responds to both internal as well as external stimuli. It can collapse in around us when we are lacking vital life force because of an illness. It can expand out for miles when we are out in nature and feeling exuberant and joyful. Our energy field can be damaged or become less effective for us for many reasons including environmental, psychological, emotional, and physical. The energy field can appear torn, ripped, too porous, or distorted. It can become stagnant, if it fails to fully assimilate or transmute toxic or low vibrational energies.
Once our energy field begins to work at less than optimal states, our body systems are stressed as they are required to do the job of the energy field. The integrity of our systems begins to breakdown leading to cancer, diabetes and other life style diseases. In James L. Oshman’s book, Energy Medicine, he refers to conditions that happen with an impaired or damaged energy field including:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sleep Apneia
- Vestibular problems
- Bacterial growth
- Seizures, convulsions and epilepsy
- Adrenal failure
- Cardiovascular problems
- Weight gain
- Respiratory problems including asthma
Additional effects show up behaviorally, mentally and emotionally including:
- Increase in aggression
- Loss of attention and memory
In the next post I’ll be talking about solutions for Creating and Promoting Healthy Energy Fields.
If this post supported your well being, please donate to my well being. Thank you.
Copyright © 2007 gia combs-ramirez. All rights reserved.